We are searching for an individual who can take on a meaningful challenge and accept an opportunity that comes once in a lifetime serving as the first Executive Director for the Central Terminal Restoration Corp.
As the Chief Executive Officer of the Central Terminal Restoration Corp., the Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
2. Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
3. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
4. Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
1. Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors to carry out the plans and policies authorized by the board.
3. Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
4. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
1. See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
2. Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
3. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
4. Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with volunteers and future staff, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
2. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
3. See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
4. Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
5. Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Experience in management, nonprofit preferred (at least five years)
- Demonstrated success with community networking, fundraising, operations, staff and financial management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or equivalent business/nonprofit management preferred
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a leader able to inspire, motivate, and supervise community collaborators and potential funders/supporters
- Be able to interact comfortably with a variety of constituents and community leaders while inspiring excitement and support for CTRC
- Use exceptional written, and verbal communication skills, as well as sales skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, be energetic, and have a high degree of flexibility
- Be team-oriented with a collaborative management style, combined with an ability to provide strong leadership
Contact : Anthony Bylewski
Central Terminal Restoration Corp.
(716) 689-3197 or email@example.com