To accomplish its Mission, The Central Terminal Restoration Corporation will need to be a stable, well-funded organization with a capable Board, professional staff, and trained volunteers, benefiting from active revenue sources and an efficient fundraising mechanism.
Short Term Objectives (Present – 18 Months)
- Approval and Public Recognition of Mission & Vision Statement
- Implementation of New Website
- Recruit Executive Director
- Establish Volunteer Orientation Program
- Creation of Operational Policies
- Continued Community Outreach and Networking
- PBN partnership, and social information sessions
- Establishment of Grant’s Committee and Selection of Grant Writer / Team
- Re-establishment of Building Committee
- Completion of updated Historic Structure Report (HSR)
- Organization Assessment Meeting
- Expand Board and Committee Membership
- Improve Communication Process
- Coordinated Funding Campaign - Grants / Fundraising / Public Funding
- Continued interfacing with Organization Consultants
Creation of a Master Plan
- 8×10 Marketing Document Completed by Architectural Advisory Committee
- Final Document – Oct. 2011 – To be completed by Arch. Adv. Comm. with assistance from professional associates, and interested entities
- Preparation for National Trust Convention
- Ongoing Building Maintenance/Renovations
- Roof ( Concourse ) – Preliminary Recommendations to be completed by updated HSR
- Tower ( Masonry ) – Preliminary Recommendations to be completed by updated HSR
- Baggage Building – Preliminary Recommendations to be completed by updated HSR
Intermediate Objectives (2-5 years)
- Feasibility studies for proposed Master Plan projects completed for final prioritization of efforts and feasibility
- Creation of Development Entity through partnership with interested parties to form a development team for eventual / on-going Terminal renovation
- RFP’s for design work and construction developed and released – Sections as determined by Master Plan
- Creation of Board & Chair Succession Plan
- Ensure redundancy for all leadership positions
- Establish a permanent Leasing and Property Management division for economic property sustainment.
- Baggage Building – Commercial / Office Space – completion of detailed planning analysis, feasibility study, RFP creation and selection, ultimate development and operational management of the area.
- Concourse – Public Use – completion of detailed planning analysis, feasibility study, RFP creation and selection, ultimate development and operational management of the area.
- Tower – Residential Use – completion of detailed planning analysis, feasibility study, RFP creation and selection, ultimate development and operational management of the area.
- Site – Public Space & to Facilitate internal program
Long Term Objectives (5-10 years)
– Establish a Foundation to support the CTRC. Creation of an endowment of at least $25 million to support operational and staff costs.
– Expand full time paid staff to include: historical collections personnel, membership development staff and additional administrative operations managers and staff.
- Rehabilitation of Complex and grounds while maintaining public access
- Establishment of a community center to host historical society, community groups and private events.
- Establishment of a library, research room with historical document and artifacts display and storage.
- Reintroduction of multiple transportation services
- Maintaining public access to the concourse
- Recognized as premier intermodal transportation hub
- Providing a concrete link to Buffalo history and vernacular culture
- Serving as a Gateway to Buffalo