1925 – New York Central Railroad, The City and Grade Crossing, and the Terminal Station Commission signed an agreement to allow BCT to be built at its present location, 2.5 miles from downtown business district.
1926 – Site preparation starts. Sewer and Drainage systems and 30 miles of track laid. Lindbergh Dr. built…now Memorial Dr… Groundbreaking for underpass south of terminal allowing William St. (most direct connection to downtown) to cross under New York Central main line.
1927 – Patrick Crowley, president of New York Central Railroad, elected architects Fellheimer & Wagner to design BCT. Construction begins on the 17 floor office tower and terminal.
1928 – Steel work raised throughout the year, last rivet driven in December. All iron work done by Premier Fireproofing owned by Otto Klotz.
1929 – BCT construction completed. Grand opening June 22nd. Grand opening includes Chamber of Commerce Gala 2,200 people attended…largest event in Buffalo at that time. 2pm first train departs from terminal. (Eastbound Empire State Express)
1956 – Due to loss of revenue and decline in train use by the general public, the BCT is put on the market for $1,000,000 (1/14th of its original cost) Does not sell.
1959 – Public Service Commission allows New York Central Railroad to abandon Buffalo-Niagara Falls Service.
1966 - Pullman Service Building, Coach Shop, Ice House, and Power House demolished to reduce taxes and maintenance.
1968 - New York Central Railroad and Pennsylvania Railroad merge, forming the Penn Central System, the terminals second owner.
1970 - Penn Central Railroad declared bankrupt
1971 - Amtrak is created. Amtrak takes over majority of the intercity passage service in the US Used BCT as its Buffalo Terminal until Oct. 28, 1979.
1976 - Penn Central RR, Lehigh Valley RR, Erie-Lackawanna RR, Lehigh & Hudson River RR merge to form Conrail. Conrail now owns BCT.
1979 - Amtrak abandons BCT on Oct. 28th, in favor of using its new Dick Rd. Station in Cheektowaga, and the reopened downtown exchange station. Last train leaves BCT on Oct. 28th. Anthony Fedele & Galesi Realty purchase BCT for $75,000
1981 – Train concourse bridge from terminal demolished to allow passage of taller freight cars on the Belt Line. Property is separated.
1984 - BCT is placed on State and National Registers of Historical Places. Nominated by Julia S. Stokes, NY Deputy Commissioner for Historic Places, confirmed nomination in a letter by Orin Lehmen, Commissioner, NY State Office of Parks and Recreation and Historic Preservation and State Historic Preservation Officer.
1985 - NY State Energy Office energy surveys are requested by BCT owner Tony Fedele for the remaining five buildings of the Central Terminal Plaza complex and are carried out by J.M. Hague III, P.E.
1986 – Anthony Fedele defaults on taxes and US Bankruptcy Court Judge John W. Creahan orders foreclosure sale, the city puts BCT up for auction. Thomas Telesco wins the terminal for $100,000. He is the only bidder.
1993 – The train concourse, owned by Amtrak, leased to private contractor for heavy equipment storage
1997 - (August) BCT property transferred to Central Terminal Restoration Corporation. After almost 20 years of neglect and abuse, efforts begin to preserve this landmark.